Pages

Monday 2 August 2010

Tweet, tweeting across the universe...

...or maybe not.

Splitting my infinitives all the way, I decided to boldy go where Stephen Fry (amongst others) have gone before and have a look at Twitter.

Well, I've created an account but I'm not too sure yet what the point of it is. The 'tweet' box takes only a few characters so one's tweet can only be a sentence. How much of interest can one get in a sentence? Unless you've just bumped into Jordan perhaps. And really, if the space were small enough, one could hardly fail to bump into her...

"I just picked my nose and got a really big bogey out" - might be the highlight of my day which hardly makes for riveting reading or terrific tweeting. And isn't that what ones's Facebook wall is for? Not that I'm a Facebook expert. Most of that mystifies me.

So until I become rich and famous, either in my own right or vicariously by association with someone already in possession of those attributes, I don't think I'll be a dedicated twitterer. Well not on-line anyway! Verbal twittering I can mostly definitely manage.

1 comment:

  1. The idea is that you can follow others who may have something useful to say! :) For example, I follow a lot of comedians who tend to make me chuckle. Spend a bit of time reading through tweets on my iPhone as well. You can also share links and pictures with others. I love Twitter. It's like a more civilised Facebook for the elite. My username is iamthelaura - look me up!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search