Pages

Sunday 18 July 2010

'Proper writer'

Okay, so I don't have congealed fried egg in my chest hair (which, according to my creative writing tutor, is a pre-requisite of being a writer) , mainly because I haven't eaten an egg (none in the house) and I don't have any chest hair. Well not much anyway. But I am still in my nightgown, sat in loggia slurping coffee in order to clear my head, from consuming rather too much Dao ( Portugeuse red wine - it was very lovely. Hic!) last night, while typing this. So does that mean, I wonder, if I might at least be a bit of a writer? :-) Or at least on the way?  Well it was just a thought.

Now, about that Dao..last night I went out with my sister and her partner to a Portuguese eatery in Swindon town centre. The place is rough and ready but the food is just great. Lots of lovely tapas and main courses too. And it's all very reasonable. Apparently they are going to change the menu a bit. This would be good cos I've been through the existing one several times over now. Along with one or two favoured Indian eateries and a couple of Italian restaurants this Portuguese place is a great favourite of mine.

I've realised that this post is sounding a bit like an advertisement for the place. Now there's an idea!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search