Pages

Saturday 25 June 2011

I'm back - for the moment at least

Well, it's been months and months since I even thought about this blog let alone wrote anything on it. I was going to post a couple of stories that I wrote when doing my creative writing course but it wouldn't let me copy and paste for some reason. I will have to try and have another go. I'll also have to try and do some writing on here over the summer. It would be good to get back into that groove again ready for university in the autumn.

Yes, I'm going to university. I can't quite get my head round it. But I have a letter from UCAS and student finance in place so it must be true! I'm going to UWE - University of the West of England at Bristol - to study English Language and English Literature. Pretty exciting stuff eh? Well it is for me.
So what have I been doing in the months since I was last on this blog? Well I've been pretty busy with one thing and another.

In September I started volunteering with an adult literacy group at Swindon College. Alongside that I enrolled on a PTLLS course - Preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector - which is a threshold licence to teach in the post 16 sector. I finished that just before Christmas achieving it at Level 4.
The new year saw me enrolled in the next stage of training; CTLLS - Certificate in teaching in the lifelong learning sector.

Alongside that I have continued with the adult literacy group and picked up other ventures too: I've been giving some private tuition in PC usage, I've done volunteering with the Borough IT courses run in the libraries and got a little job as a Learning Ambassador with Swindon Borough Council. All of which has been and continues to be very rewarding and extremely useful with essays and assignments for the CTLLS programme.

1 comment:

  1. This is very nice blog regarding to PTLLS Course .Of course it is far essential for you to be well trained before seeking for a job...

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search